Cloud Storage Security and Best Practices
Want to Know How to Use the Cloud Effectively and Securely?
Many questions surround “the cloud”… What data should be stored in the cloud? Are iCloud, SkyDrive, DropBox, etc. secure? How do you know how much to trust the cloud?
Cloud storage can save you time, money and provide added functionality. But it is important to understand:
- What data is safe to store in the cloud and what’s not
- How to encrypt files and date before you put them in the cloud
- How to set the proper settings to encrypt backups
How a Cloud Storage Security and Best Practices Review Can Help
Mike Foster, CEH, CISA, CISSP, is an IT security expert with more than 20 years of experience. Unlike other IT experts, Mike speaks in plain English when communicating with executives and managers who aren’t familiar with complex IT terminology, and he can help you:
- Safely store information in the cloud
- Effectively use programs or applications that run in the cloud
- Go completely to workstation virtualization in the cloud (if this is your desire)