An executive asked for a short list of what they should be doing now to prepare for the unlikely event of a disruption to our critical infrastructure. Here are some basics:
- Make contingency plans for what you’ll do if the power goes out for an extended time.
- Consider how you’ll respond if you’re unable to use your online banking.
- What is your plan if one of your vendors or SaaS providers shuts down for an extended period?
- Make contingency plans in case your Internet Service Provider goes down.
- What will you do if fuel becomes unavailable as it was to some regions after the Colonial Pipeline attack?
- What if your shipping companies cannot deliver packages to you or your customers?
- Should you take out enough cash to make payroll for your next pay cycle?
Find cybersecurity specific recommendations here: https://fosterinstitute.com/10-things-every-organization-can-do-right-now-to-protect-themselves-from-state-sponsored-foreign-attacks/
Here are tips to protect your and your worker’s families: https://fosterinstitute.com/family-disaster-preparedness-protect-your-loved-ones/