The Information You Need to Protect Your Organization
Mike’s in-person and virtual presentations provide the latest information on methods attackers use to expose your information. Since Mike stays on the cutting edge of technology, his presentations offer relevant and timely action steps your company can implement right now to guard against an attack and protect what you hold most dear.
You probably don’t need to buy any equipment; you just need to maximize the resources you already have.
Mike’s presentations show you strategies for:
- Using IT security to boost profits
- Working remotely, from home, or on the road
- Computer safety at work, home, and everywhere else
- Keeping your family safe by protecting important information
- Maximizing your current IT resources without spending a dime
Mike Foster’s Most Requested Speaking Topics
All Keynotes and Presentations are available In-Person and Livestream
Stop Today’s Hackers
Empowering CEOs to be Cybersecurity Savvy
Every minute of every day, someone tries to exploit the security systems that protect a company’s information technology systems. Do your participants know how to keep their organization and their data safe?
In this eye-opening session, Mike Foster will help CEOs understand the threats that lurk, and give them the tools and information they need to make positive changes in their organization’s IT practices.
Participants will learn how to protect against threats, including:
- Being held hostage by ransomware
- Keeping the trust of their customers
- Legal fees for lawsuits and legal battles
- Losses related to wiring money to wrong accounts
- Exposing sensitive data that can result in enormous fines
- Leaking of trade secrets and intellectual property to competitors
- Losing future business because of brand devaluation after a breach
- Having their systems locked, preventing them from delivering products or services
- Credit card breaches that can result in massive fines and the inability to process card payments
E-Savvy: Using IT to Increase Productivity and Profits – The Parts Executives Need to Know
Insights and Strategies for Saving Time and Money
In this presentation you will discover:
- How to address and resolve major IT pain points
- Simple ways to accomplish tasks and improve organizational bottom lines
- Concrete action items you can implement with minimal monetary investment
- Useful knowledge to save your business time and money related to managing IT
- How to save money by ensuring your IT investments are in line with IT best practices
This presentation can be customized to meet the needs of your organization, with topics such as controlling IT expenses in a challenging economy, using the internet as an extension of your sales and marketing efforts, and using technology to successfully work from home or while on the road.
Maximize Your Current IT Resources: How to Stay Current Without Spending a Dime
Save Money by Understanding and Using Technology You Already Own
You don’t have to spend money on technology to gain a competitive advantage. In today’s economy, it’s important to save money on IT and get the most out of the IT investment you’ve already made. Mike will show you how to get the most ROI from the systems you already have. He will help you understand how to use the other 90% of your computer’s capabilities, so you can save money. Understanding technology and how to use it is crucial for business survival.
Mike offers this crucial skill by helping your team:
- Know where to go to get help when you need it
- Develop effective strategies for your e-business needs
- Utilize the technology you already own for maximum profit
- Show your sales team, in ways they can understand, how to leverage the latest technology and correctly sell
- Ensure your Executive Team has enough understandings of the “What” in cybersecurity so they can support your IT professionals as they implement the “How”
Road Warrior Technology Secrets
Arrive Feeling Rested, Relaxed, and Prepared to Deliver
Your Best While on the Road
It is frustrating when you arrive at your out-of-town meeting and can’t get that one document you need to present to your client! Arrive feeling relaxed and prepared. Be as effective “away from the office” as you are when in your office.
In this presentation you will discover:
- How to secure your connections to the Internet while travelling
- How to get help when you need it and your own tech support is unavailable
- Ways to protect your data from being “lost” or “compromised” even while traveling
- What you have to know in order to use a computer effectively in a virtual office setting
- Ways that the computer makes your life “on the road” easier, and gives you more free time to relax from the travel stress
Mike has more than 8 million miles with American Airlines alone, and he understands life on the road. He has a proven knack for explaining complex material in simple, easy-to-understand terms, and his knowledge of and experience in the field enables him to provide relevant real-life examples of the topics he discusses in his live and virtual presentations.
Mike’s Most Requested Training Sessions
All Training Sessions are available In-Person and Livestream
Cybersecurity and Cloud Security
What Key Executives Need to Know Now
Each year more than 16,000 cybersecurity attacks take place that result in a quantifiable data breach. Could one of your participants’ companies be next?
In this session designed specifically for key executives, Mike Foster will help your participants:
- Better handle risk management
- Prevent fraudulent wire transfers
- Know specific guidelines to give to their IT pros
- Help their company protect against ransomware
- Avoid legal fees for civil and criminal trials against executives
- Ensure a mature incident response plan and disaster recovery plan
- Be sure they are using the most recent strategies and best practices
- Address cybersecurity to protect the sensitive data entrusted to their company
- Be part of the decision-making process by knowing what to ask and how to ask it
- Know how to communicate with their IT professionals in simple, non-technical language
- Guide their IT pros to implement the strategic cybersecurity goals that support their organization’s future
Mike will reveal the threats that should concern every executive the most. Participants will receive key points to review and implement with their IT professionals to make sure their essential information, network, and assets are protected.
Awareness of Internet and Computer Safety at Work, Home, Everywhere in Between.
IT Security Awareness Training
This session will increase your employees’ IT security awareness so, they know how to better protect your company’s sensitive information and reputation.
Your employees will remember Mike Foster’s lively and fun IT security awareness training. During the presentation, he explains everything in plain English, and his presentation style will grab the attention of the audience.
Topics include and are not limited to:
- Social networking sites
- Email security
- Viruses, worms, spyware
- Sensitive information
- Phishing and hoaxes
- Person in the middle attacks
- Wireless security
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Business Continuity Plans
If you need to stagger your employees in shifts, Mike can make several presentations. He customizes presentations to discuss your situation, operating systems, applications, and the key points your executives want Mike to make.
This was my third presentation by Mike and they keep getting better! I think it’s a testament to Mike that my IT professionals want him back for another review! They want to show him what they’ve accomplished and find out new best practices in IT.
Mike is knowledgeable, easy to understand, and his advice is directly applicable. The action steps he offered during his presentation were not only practical, but easy to implement. As a speaker, he is empathic without being overbearing. It was a pleasure listening to Mike speak.
I liked the fact that during his program Mike communicated his points on a layman’s level, and didn’t lose his audience with a bunch of technical terms. It was a good presentation, and I really liked his check list approach to fixing problems.
Mike is extremely knowledgeable on many security-related topics, which makes his speaking engagements informative and enjoyable. Just hearing his program really increased my own awareness of what’s going on today in our industry.
I think Mike offers a great seminar, considering that this can seem a pretty dry topic for non-tech people. I think the most relevant part for me was learning to ask the right questions, and how to get critical IT info without going internal. Although Mike offered a lot of information to absorb, he made it accessible and easily to digest. Now I understand the importance of having a real IT strategy.
Attending Mike’s presentation greatly increased my awareness of the security situation in my business. Even non-IT types can understand Mike’s message, and after attending the seminar, I feel I can at last have an educated conversation with my IT guy. The ‘check list’ portion of the program was very good—I’m already using it!
Some professional speakers can seem cold or aloof, but I was delighted to find Mike approachable, interesting, and easy to listen to. I found his information to be on the money and truly viable. After hearing Mike speak and benefiting from his insight, I know what I need to do (starting with an audit of our IT professionals soon!).
Mike Foster can help your audience protect and grow their business.
Contact the Foster Institute directly at (707) 200-2095 to find out more about his customizable technology presentations!