I experienced a presentation by the US Secret Service last week, and they provided the common background they’ve identified in attackers:
- They may be married and have a family
- Introverted with a close group of friends
- Often learned to program at a young age
- College educated, often in electronics, IT, or physics
- No social media accounts – to avoid drawing attention
- Believe that soft drugs, such as marijuana, help them work
Notice that the Secret Service doesn’t specify a gender.
Please forward this to your friends, so they know their adversaries a little bit better.